2021 Simmer Sails ICON
The 2021 Icon is defined by its ease of handling utilizing a powerful and direct riding feel. The five batten panel layout gives you complete command in all situations and the confidence to push hard. With five battens to keep the sail draft in forward locked position, the sail works equally well for high-wind jumping environments to powering driving turns in challenging onshore conditions and all wind angles in between. Adaptability is Icon’s signature trait and a big reason it is been so popular for well over a decade. The Icon also provides the ultimate level of stability, in any wind range. This superb stability also means that the Icon is less physically demanding for the rider to use compared to the Blacktip, providing the rider with an absolute focus on maneuvers and going really fast with full control at all times.
Technical solutions on the 2021 Icon include a large monofilm window for superb visibility. The new panel layout features a light-weight Q-Ply in the luff panel, combined with a vertical kevlar load line from top to tack. This helps to control the profile as well as the longevity of the materials, hence a light-weight sail that will stay intact for many seasons to come. The -21 design features a lowered center of effort and a more forward-focused shape, combined with an improved luff curve in the upper quarter of the sail, that allows for a lower breaking point of the twist. A compact outline and medium to low aspect ratio provide a powerful front-end drive to generate speed in turns and high-end control in high-wind jumps.
Versatility is the name of the game for the avid windsurfer who wants to make the most out of any wave sailing conditions. The 2021 Icon is the most versatile wave sail out there.
- Dependable performance in all wave conditions.
- A five batten panel layout that offers superior stability and control over a wide wind range.
- Perfectly balanced draft position.
- The new Q-Ply Luff Panel offers a softer and more forward-focused power delivery on a horizontal axis. This combined with the strength provided by the vertical load line for maintained profile stability and durability.
- Precision Tapered Battens on the lower two battens. The taper is designed to push the sail profile forward and keep the draft locked in for stability.