2023 Starboard FUTURA
Contemporary evolution of the test-winning board that really started the freerace craze for technical windsurfers seeking the impossible: maximum speed combined with comfort, control and jibing precision. The Futuras deliver maximum average speed with total confidence and comfort.
Perfect for long distance – or simply drag racing at your local beach, the Futura concept is built around iSonic DNA with wide, moderately thin and compact body. Width gives you wind range and power. Reasonable thickness in the rails provides power and enhances controlled leverage over the fin. A thinner profile at the mast track lowers the centre of gravity for added control. Optimised stance for longer and more confident fast runs. The Futura allows you to reach maximum potential in a more accessible and user friendly package. Save energy, maintain a high average speed for miles and make sporty jibes.
• Double Step Cut Aways – Double Step Cutaways for added release and increased speed.
• Ready To Foil – The Futura 105, 110, 120 and 135 are fitted with Foil-Ready fin boxes.
• Bottom Shape – The Futuras have a more pronounced Vee across the bottom for improved control and comfort through harsh chop, smooth flowing jibes and a more lively ride. Power on.
• Thin Rails – The rails are rounder and thinner than the iSonic rails. Easier in the rough. Smoother in the turns.
• Drake Slalom DW Ready To Race – Each Futura is supplied with a selected Drake Slalom DW fin. These top-end Ready to Race production fins bring out the best in the Futuras. The Slalom DW model combines impressive amounts of speed and acceleration with great jibing abilities.
• Drake Slick Footstraps – The Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance.
Carefully sourced with the smoothest fabric for a comfortable feel.
• Lightweight Pads – The Futuras feature 6mm thick footpads in the tail and 4mm in the front. This combination delivers a highly reactive yet comfortable feel while minimizing weight. The thermoformed diamond grooved pattern provides grip and comfort over extended sessions, while being resistant to wear-and-tear.
• Carbon Sandwich – Ultralight weight with an emphasis on performance value, while using more environmentally friendly materials. The bottom is built in full T700 uni-directional ?at-woven carbon for maximum sti?ness, while the deck is 60% carbon, alternating between uni-directional and bi-axial carbon layers for optimized ?ex. The composite sandwich layers include the use of ultra-high density PET and PVC foam.
• Wood Sandwich – Our most Durable Construction – Jean Louis Colmas started the development of wood sandwich boards in 1985 and by 1994 we introduced his technology in our production. This collaboration led to multiple world championships titles across all disciplines in Windsurfing and it remains a Starboard original. 0.6 mm Australian pine laminated deck increases impact strength while natural unidirectional fibres create awesome reflex sensations. With 500 kg/m3 density, the Pinewood absorbs minimal resin leading to a light board and crisp ride feel. The entire board is wrapped in a 3mm PVC sandwich for long term durability and that classic feel under foot. A protective film covers the wood to hinder the sun’s UV impact over time.
|Model||Volume||Length||Width||Tail Width||Thickness||Shape||Fin Boxes||Recommended Fins||Fins||Sail Range||Weight CS||Weight WS|
|Futura 100||100||225||63||40.9||12.8||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Tuttle||30-34||Drake Slalom DW 32||4.0 - 7.0||6.5 Kg||6.5 Kg|
|Futura 105||105||229||67||44.7||11.5||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Foil Box||34-38||Drake Slalom DW 36||4.5 - 7.5||6.9 Kg||6.9 Kg|
|Futura 110||110||229||71||46.6||11.5||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Foil Box||36-40||Drake Slalom DW 38||5.0 - 8.0||7.0 Kg||7.2 Kg|
|Futura 120||120||230||76||48.7||11.6||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Foil Box||40-44||Drake Slalom DW 42||5.5 - 8.5||7.6 Kg||7.6 Kg|
|Futura 135||135||234||83||52.5||11.9||Flat Vee to Double Concave||Foil Box||42-46||Drake Slalom DW 44||6.0 - 9.0||8.10||8.4 Kg|